Please visit us at our brand new home!

















Friday, February 1

DeadStock Kicks for your Vintage Fix

Sneakerhead? Vintage Fiend? Nike Lover? Either way ya boy Ric has got what you need. Ricardo Iezama Jr AKA Deadstock Ric has been selling kicks from his Brooklyn warehouse for two years now. He's got whatever it is you need, from Air Max, to Reeboks, Jordans, or Filas, Ric is the man to see. I asked Ric what made him start and he said "The fact that I feel the sneakers back in the day were so much better in quality and style made me want to do this. Its fun, I woke up one day, quit my job, made a myspace page and now I’m here." He uses his Myspace page to post new merchandise (and takes requests) but you can also find him at prestige sneaker events like SneakerPimps and the DunkXchange.

I asked Ric where he wants to take this sneaker business, his response was "my future plan is to open a sneaker spot where any type of person, either its a kid who just got in the game or a collector can come and get something to fit their needs. I'll have it all, from new age to vintage, basically, what my style is based off."

For my last question, and most important, I asked Ric "Do you see this whole sneaker head lifestyle as an art?" He responded "I def do, you make it to what you want it to be. Everyone comes with something different to mix in the pot, it's a collection of styles and personalities. There in itself is art. And this is what it's all about. Everyone comes different, a different pair of kicks, colors, gear...it's all art 'cause we all try to put something together..like a blank canvas, you got our body..and we dress it up, like painting a picture. From the shirt on our back, to our kicks..it's all art..and when we go out we want to show it off." Well said Ric!



Aight yal,
Peace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pshhh what about something on the deadstock rep :P i feel so unloved :[

Anonymous said...

I wish him all the best. His heart is in the right place just needs to get his mind on the same level.

Nothing is impossible!

Cant wait for the "opening of his store"

best of luck

:)

Troy Paraiso said...

UT OHHHHHHH,

DEADSTOCK KICKS (DSK) IS THE TEAM !!

RIC', DRIVAH & THE CREW ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS, SO GET FAMILIAR.

I'M PROUD OF YOU BABY BOY.

:-)

www.21-7Magazine.com We'll be back soon. Can't fucking wait :)

Dig it? Click it!