Please visit us at our brand new home!

















Saturday, November 22

Album Review: I am... Sasha Fierce



Album: Beyonce, I am…Sasha Fierce
Released: Tuesday, November 18, 2008


Don't let the album fool you fools. NO, Beyonce did not change her name. It's her alter ego... DUH! Beyonce decided to go in a fresh, new direction with this album, I am... Sasha Fierce. Some have found it a wrong turn- Beyonce found it perfectly fine. She is a grown, married woman, of course things are going to change, so face it.

How do you know if you are listening to Beyonce or Sasha Fierce? Well just... (Read more) pop in the "I am" disc if you want the original "If I were a Boy" Beyonce. This disc gives you a special invite into her new, grown woman life. Featuring mellow tracks such as, "Halo" and "Disappear".

If you're looking for upbeat dance tracks like "Single Ladies," crank it to Sasha Fierce. The Sasha disc re-introduces her sultry, fierce alter ego and it does a damn good job. Although, some tracks sound alike. But don't fear- there is a hit that you can find yourself bumping to in the club titled, "Diva" The beat is similar to Lil Wayne's "A milli", it has Beyonce acting like a thug.. why is it called Diva- I have no idea.

As fans, we have already been introduced to this Sasha Fierce character. On her last album B'Day, she had more upbeat tracks such as, "Kitty Kat," "Freakum Dress," and "Suga Mama," that gave a new outlook on Beyonce. If you're a Beyonce fan- like me- you're willing to listen to more slow tempo songs than upbeat. I love this album- although it is not my favorite, it's worth buying.

Keep them albums coming Beyonce, Boston loves you.

Tracklist (Deluxe Version):
(My favorites are in bold, enjoy)
I am Disc
1. "If I Were a Boy"
2. "Halo" 
3. "Disappear"
4. "Broken-Hearted Girl"
5. "Ave Maria"
6. "Smash Into You"
7. "Satellites"
8. "That's Why You're Beautiful
"

Sasha Fierce Disc
1. "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" 
2. "Radio"
3. "Diva"

4. "Sweet Dreams"
5. "Video Phone"
6. "Hello"
7. "Ego"
8. "Scared of Lonely"




Jump for much more!

-Lonii

No comments:

www.21-7Magazine.com We'll be back soon. Can't fucking wait :)

Dig it? Click it!