Please visit us at our brand new home!

















Wednesday, June 24

21-7 Weekly Poll:

This week we asked if you think the N word should be eliminated.
Yes 25%
No 33%
I'm not sure 41%

I voted I'm not sure. Elimination is pretty impossible because you can't take a word out of people's mouth. I think it's okay that people have adapted the word and changed it's meaning completely. When someone calls someone their nigga, it's not at all what it meant back when it was first created. I kind of see the adaption of the word from slurr to common word, like hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. The word was taken from people who used it to put a race down and that race made it their own. I don't really see anything wrong with that.
For another view on it, see Issue 6's Preach that Speech

peep the new poll

3 comments:

Loniii Ann said...

i also said not sure, there's was a period of time when i just stopped using it, now im using it again but not as much. = /
my friends think spanish people shouldn't say it, im like whaaaaa

ELLE said...

i think it depends on where ur from and who u roll wit...and of course how u use it

Loniii Ann said...

true true.

www.21-7Magazine.com We'll be back soon. Can't fucking wait :)

Dig it? Click it!