Please visit us at our brand new home!

















Wednesday, September 10

Dear Lupe Fiasco: A Confession of My Feelings

Dear Lupe,

First sight, you were featured on Yeezy's track, "Touch the Sky," I was in awe. When "Kick, Push" came out, you started a new trend. And your albums? What!? They opened up my mind and made the world acknowledge that you were far from a shallow rapper. Food and Liquor introduced the differential between you and the rest. The Cool had the illest concepts, and you maintained the quality of your lyrics. At the Glow in the Dark concert you performed first, with no type of stage design, but I couldn't really focus because we were still trying to find our seats. Lupe, you were the man.

Now, Lupe? Now? I thought Hip-Hop saved your life but, after the next, you "might" be done dropping albums. It seems like you've switched up, and truthfully, you're acting as if you don't give a fuck. But all I want to know is, why? (And- what the fuck were you wearing at the VMAs?) When will you go back? When will the old Lupe, I know, make that connection again? In an interview with Def Sounds you said, "My whole energy for making hip-hop music is slowing down. I’ve been doing it for seven years. I still don’t think I’m famous." Who has been doubting you, bringing you down? When you give up on yourself, you give up on us, your fans.

But I haven't gave up on you, Lupe. I still think your glasses are cool. I still think if I saw you in person, we would meet in the janitors closet. Most of all I will still continue to support you and your music. I will still buy your bullshit "last" album, LupEND. But you have really pissed me off. Lupe, I know our connection through your music is meant to be, and you're just going through some shit. Just let me know when we can be whole again.

Peace & Much love to ya,
A-li$t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...word, i feel your pain a-list. Lupe, you are clearly letting some sort of negative energy in your life (unless you was only in it just for the money & since that shit didnt turn out to be super duper, you're deading us) just think about your fans....but most importantly think about why you started to do music to begin with...is all that love really all gone?


(its funny that we"re talkin like he's actually reading this shit..lol...hey mayb 1 day)

www.21-7Magazine.com We'll be back soon. Can't fucking wait :)

Dig it? Click it!