Please visit us at our brand new home!

















Monday, August 11

GET FAMILIAR! : Charice Pempengco


Back in the Spring, Oprah introduced me to the most incredible voice I've heard in a very long time. 21-7 fans, meet Charice Pempengco. Charice hails from the Phillipines, and rose to the status of internet singing sensation in a matter of months via everyone's favorite video hosting site, YOUTUBE! Back in May, Oprah invited her to perform on her show. To put things in perspective, I (along with about 4 other people) was late for my Accounting final exam because I could not tear my eyes away from the TV screen. With no formal vocal training, this chick produces such an intense and moving sound that it brings tears (literally) to my eyes, and gives me chills. She is such an amazing talent, and at just 16 years old has already been compared to legends such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion (all of whom happen to be her favorite N. American artists). Please get familiar! This chick is the truth!!

JUMP to Check out her performance of "I Have Nothing", by Whitney Houston on Oprah.



www.CharicePempengco.com
Charice's Official Myspace


Support great music, yall.
-MACK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it doesnt even look real.. she is amazing!!!

Flip Chick said...

She is unbelievable. Her first TV appearance was on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and she sang two songs there. You must find that on youtube, too. It never fails to give me chills!

www.21-7Magazine.com We'll be back soon. Can't fucking wait :)

Dig it? Click it!